How Ductless Systems Increase Comfort and Savings
Ductless split systems offer numerous features and technologies for increasing your comfort and energy savings in your Phenix City, Alabama, home. If you have never considered ductless systems it’s time to take a look at how these units can make a difference in your energy savings and comfort.
Features that Increase Comfort
Ductless systems provide numerous benefits especially when you live in regions like ours. When average winter temperatures rarely get to or below freezing, ductless systems provide an economical option.
- Inverter-driven compressors reduce uncomfortable temperature swings and let you control indoor temperatures precisely.
- The temperature and fan speed in each room can be adjusted independently for optimal comfort. One compressor supports separate settings for as many as nine zones.
- Lower fan speeds reduce operating noise at night and for quiet activities. With noise levels as low as 22 decibels, the indoor unit is whisper quiet.
- Because there’s no need for ductwork, allergens are reduced substantially. Each indoor unit has its own filtration system, so you can enjoy cleaner, healthier air.
Features that Increase Efficiency
With a conventional HVAC system, up to 20 percent of conditioned air escapes through the ducts. Mini-split systems are highly efficient because those losses are eliminated.
- The inverter-driven technology that reduces temperature fluctuations also limits energy use. Rather than simply running at full blast, the compressor operates at variable capacities.
- The Carrier mini-split systems that we offer have multiple fan speeds. In addition to improving comfort, lower fan speeds reduce energy use.
- Specially designed compressors provide a heating capacity of 80 percent at 22 below zero and full cooling capacity at temperatures up to 130 degrees. These products can easily handle record high and low temperatures in Phenix City.
Heating and Cooling Efficiency
With a seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) of 23 and a heating seasonal performance factor (HSPF) of 10, you can enjoy significant energy savings. These systems also allow for a lot of flexibility. They can be installed in a variety of spaces ranging from a garage to a converted attic or sunroom.
If you’re interested in learning more about the technology, our qualified technicians provide professional and efficient installation services. Call us today at 334-298-1278 for more information.